An email from a gay male reader.

This is what makes my day!!


  • Hi Sandy, I finished A Betting Man a couple of nights ago and I tweeted and shared a 5 rating!

    How do you do it?

    As a gay writer, I really appreciated the smoothness of your writing style, the total believability in the scenes, and made more powerful when I kept asking myself, could I write as convincingly as this about two girls in love? And the answer kept bouncing back - no!

    You do indeed have a gift and I don't mean that condescendingly. A lot of readers follow their favourite authors and read everything produced by that author. I've tended against that trend. Whilst I like the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child, by no means am I committed to reading every book. So too with John Connolly and Dan Browne et al.

    But within 5 pages of reading A Betting Man I was already downloading Half Moon Rising, and I'm firmly committed to reading all of your work. As the author of Being Gay Being Bi Whatever (also out now on Kindle) I see your work as a very serious contribution in prose to that which I seek to achieve in anthology; and I sense I will be learning much from you.

    Do keep up this gift Sandy. And very many thanks.

    All the best

    Ian
    Liverpool UK

    ps: I'm more than happy for you to publish this private message on your timeline/wall if you think it will benefit your work Sandy.

Comments

  1. I totally agree with those wonderful words. I've read all Sandrine's books (two times indeed) and I'm always looking forward for the next one. By the way, when the next coming? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not until after summer! The Littlest Assassin-Shifters come into the world!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sign up for a free room at GRL!!!